Thursday, 15 April 2010

A hilarious discovery whilst leafleting

I have just been out in my streets and those that surround it dropping leaflets into letterboxes for the Back The Bridge campaign, urging people to vote NO in the upcoming Parish poll. I had just finished dropping in one particular row of houses, walked around the corner and realised I'd missed one - luckily though this banner was on the side of their house.Could have been embarrassing...
What I found most hilarious about this was how they're so concerned about the £850,000 being spent on the bridge when in fact this money is coming mostly from private funds and grants. Yet, people opposing the bridge have set up a Parish Poll that costs £3000 of tax payers money to organise. Hmm. Double standards? hehe.

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee! You should have dropped a pile through their letterbox!! That'll learn em!

    ReplyDelete