Wednesday, 3 March 2010

How peculiar

Audio pareidolia or misattribution is always something I have been aware of whilst researching paranormal phenomena but it's never something that I have really experienced very much beyond the realm of electronic voice phenomena which is something I don't do.
However, I just popped downstairs to make myself a cup of tea and whilst I was stood in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil and getting my cup ready etc. I was 100% sure that my brother was in the lounge watching television as I could hear women talking - but a muffled talking as though from behind a closed door.

Imagine my surprise then when I popped my head around the lounge door to say hello to find the room empty and the television set switched off.

I returned to the kitchen and a little bit of investigating revealed to me that what I thought was women talking was actually the sound of the central heating and the boiler.

How many people would have jumped to the conclusion that it was a ghost they had heard?

1 comment: