Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Shiney Happy People

So today is my first day back at work in over a week. It sort of sucks at the moment because I took my current job to fit around the college course I was on (that I dropped out of) and now I'm stuck in a part time job that only gives me eight hours of work a week. This gives me just enough money to pay my rent and get the train to and from work. However, rather than letting this get me down I keep my chin up and think of the opportunities that are out there waiting to be taken.

Due to my lack of funding I was really down because I've been desperate to take some creative writing courses to help me get into my writing as I'm a bit all over the place with it as it currently stands. However, because of my lack of earnings I couldn't even begin to think about enrolling on anything. Yet, yesterday I discovered that there are people out there who will help me fund my studies - all I have to do is fill in my application in time and if they accept me I will able to start my course in September! This has made my week a little bit brighter. Sometimes people ask me how I can be so optimistic about things and I have a simple reply.

I've been through hell and almost died, I'm just happy to be alive. Anything else is an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment