Tuesday, 2 February 2010

"Now spit!"

I have a dentist appointment today at 3:15pm because I think I have a compacted wisdom tooth and it's hurting. I have an extreme fear of the dentists because when I was nine a dentist accidentally drilled into my inner cheek. Every time I sit in a dentist chair now I revert back to the nine year old me.
This isn't helped much at all by my panic disorder or my social anxiety which, although I have under control now, do tend to surface like ugly hags hanging around my shoulders muttering 'when shall we three meet again?'

It was a big step for me to phone the dentist and book an appointment, it's even more of a big step for me to keep the appointment and as it currently stands I'll be going which is good because I was scared my anxiety might get the better of me today.

However, I've come to the conclusion that we are our own worst enemies because last night as I sat in bed reading my book that scene below from 'Little shop of horrors' popped into my head and now I have a stupid fear that my dentist has been replaced with this guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment